Why book this tour
- Singapore Zoo is home to over 3,600 creatures including some rare and endangered species
- You have the option to start the day with an unforgettable breakfast with the animals
- Explore the Zoo on foot or on the Zoo Tram
- Round trip transportation is included from central Singapore hotels
Leave the city behind and head north to Mandai and visit one of the world's best zoos. Singapore Zoo is spread over 28 hectares and is a haven to over 3,600 mammals, birds and reptiles including some rare and endangered species.
Natural barriers like streams, rock walls and beautiful landscaping are used to separate animals from visitors thus creating an "open zoo" effect.
To make the most of your experience opt for a ‘wild breakfast’ with some of the ‘residents’ of the zoo!
Duration: 4 hours
Start time: 0830h (08:30am)
Meeting point: Singapore city centre hotels. (Hotel pick-up time is half an hour before tour starting time.)
(Please mention your hotel name and address at the time of booking. If you do not have this information at the moment, please contact the local activity operator 72 hours prior to the start of the tour with these details.)
Ending point: City centre hotels
You will be picked up from your city hotel in Singapore at 8:00am in the morning and and will be transferred to the start point at Chinatown Visitor Centre(CVC). From CVC you will ride in an air-conditioned coach to Singapore Zoo. It takes 45-55 minutes to reach the Zoo depending on the traffic. You will be accompanied by an English-speaking guide on this tour.
Arrive at the Singapore Zoo at 9:00am, just in time to enjoy a 'Wild Breakfast' with some special animals! (optional). If you opt for this, you will enjoy a prelude to this dining-in-the-wild experience with the longest snake in the world, the reticulated python that grows to an amazing length of 10 meters. Breakfast patrons will also be given an introduction to recycling by the Zoo's in-house recycling Oriental small-clawed otter, who disposes off a pile of drink cans into a recycling basket.
If you do not opt for the breakfast then your time at the zoo will be at leisure.
The star attraction of the Singapore Zoo for the last 22 years has been the orangutan, one of the most endangered species of primates in the world. The Zoo has bred the largest number of orangutans in the world and also houses and displays the largest social colony of orangutans in the world.
Witness the orangutan descend from a naturally-created backdrop filled with vines and branches, followed by an opportunity for interaction and photography with these intelligent animals.
After breakfast, enjoy a tram ride around what is also known as the Open Zoo - a totally new concept in animal keeping with its beautifully landscape gardens and very few cages.
Leave the Zoo at 12:05pm, you will be transferred back to your hotel in Singapore after four hours.
Indicative menu for the Jungle Breakfast:
This is only a sample menu and is subject to change without prior notice. Replacement menu will be of same quality.
- Chilled Juices: Orange & Lime
- Assorted Seasonal Fresh Fruits
- Green Salad: Served with Thousand Islands Dressing
- Freshly Baked Rolls, Crossiants, Danish Pastries, Toasts: Served with Jam, Butter & Marmalade
- Chicken Chipolata
- Baked Beans & Hash Brown
- Egg Station: Sunny-side up Omelette
- Local Corner:
- Chicken Congee: Served with Condiments
- Fried Vegetarian Bee Hoon
- Steamed Chinese Buns – Chef’s Choice
- Freshly Made Roti Prata: Served with vegetable curry
- Freshly Brewed Coffee & Tea